Saturday, May 12, 2012

Greeting Card Kids on an Alligator for A La Card Monkey Girly Card Challenge


Hi Blogging Friends!!

This week at A La Card Monkey we are doing a "Girly" Challenge!!! I just had to make a card with the girl standing on the Alligator, so cute and fun! The Alligator stamp that I had was from "Wild about you" from a few years ago. It is one of my all time favorites, and one of my most used stamp sets.

I used hemp thread as a rope for the Alligator. Even though that Alligator is being ridden like a horse, he sure does have a cute smile and looks happy.

Here is the sketch, I really stuck to it this week.
 
I used the Poppy Parade marker to outline her dress then used an Aqua Painter to color in the rest of the dress. The rest is all just markers.

You can see that I added Crystal effects to the Alligator to make it look wet. My Husband was having a bad night and I told him to come look at my card and it would cheer him up, he really like it. Do you want to hear what happened to him... if you get sick easy don't read this. Ok so he was in bed and we have a cat that we adopted from "Paws" her name is "Tuesday". She went under the covers in our bed while he was in trying to sleep and Pooped on the bed!! Yes under the blankets! so gross! We are thinking that she came from a Hoarder house before we adopted her. And we are losing our minds!! She peed in the dishwasher the other day.

Stamp sets:
Greeting Card Kids 4 pc set 2012-2013 Catalog
Wild About You 8pc set 2008 Fall and Winter Catalog (alligator)
Pedaling Past 6pc set Summer Mini 2010 (thank you)
Ink and Paper Colors:
Pool Party, Vanilla, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:
Sponge Dauber, Aqua Painter, Crystal effects, Hemp thread, Pearls, Dazzling diamonds glitter, Marker Poppy parade others same as ink, Pool party seam binding ribbon
Designer Series Paper:
Attic Boutique Occasions Mini 2012
Big Shot:
Steampunk embossing folder from Tim Holtz

Thanks for Looking!!
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

7 comments:

Terry said...

Nothing says "I love you" like your cat pooping in bed next to you. Yuck! Poor guy. I love your card - the little girl on the alligator is PERFECT! I smile everytime I see this photo. I wonder what this girl grew up to be - a daredevil? a Manhattan socialite? a PR agent for Kim Kardashian? The possibilities are endless. Beautiful card, Shirley Su!

LeAnne said...

First, the photo just cracked me up, but then when I saw your card with the alligator, that cracked me up too! THEN, to read about your cat---oooooohhhh my!!! I think you had better make that cat an OUTSIDE cat!! I can almost understand the bed=pooping, but not the dishwasher=peeing!!! I am sure it is never dull at your house!

Jean Addis said...

My goodness, what a fiasco our pets can cause. Your card is so clever, and pretty at the same time. Love it! I'm hoping to finally have time to join back in this week.

Dale Morin said...

What a cute card!

Andrea Gideon said...

What a great card vary cute. TFS

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Very nice! You always have the most creative cards, and I really enjoy checking them out. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Yolanda said...

I have missed so much! I had to scroll down and look at everything you've done. It's wonderful! So creative, and just fun to look at. TFS!!