Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life Shared Card for Paper Players School Days Theme Challenge

Hi Friends!!

I made this card for my card club, and it was a big hit. I am in love with all the new Stampin' Up School Days themed paper and stamps. My friend Jenn got this paper for free at Convention this year... Lucky Girl!

The apple image is from one of the sheets of paper, I just used the 3/4 inch circle punch and then hot glued it onto a button. The bow is from some Wild Wasabi ribbon that retired a few years ago.

I am joining The Paper Players again this week!!!
Click the link to see the Design Teams Cards, and all the other cards for School days inspiration!

I used a puppy on the button on this one, plus I changed the scallop circle to red, I just could not decide what color I like the most. lol

I used the fine tip of the marker to outline the image and then watercolored the inside.


I was taking some pictures during a thunder storm and caught this really cool picture of some lighting. It looks so close!! Yikes!!. I took this picture out my bedroom window. It was after 9pm at night, but look how bright it is outside. Amazing!!


Stamp Sets:
Life Shared 1pc set 2012 Stampin' Up Catalog
Ink and Paper Colors:
White, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Real Red
Accessories:
Sponge dauber, 3/4 inch circle punch, Red button from Holiday mini 2012, Wild Wasabi ribbon, SU markers same as paper colors, Aqua Painter
Designer Series Paper:
Storytime in the 2012 Catalog
Big Shot:
Perfect Pennants Bigz die and Bitty Banners Framelits

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin





5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Shirley this is darling! Love that sweet image! Wish I'd ordered those papers now....darn....lol
What an AWESOME picture you got! Wow!

LeAnne said...

I love this! COuldn't wait to get this paper and haven't hardly done a thing with it....although I have some IDEAS of what to do with it, LOL!
Awesome lighting photo....that stuff IS scary! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!!

Amy White said...

Love the layout you've used on these cards Shirley - the strips of dsp leading down to the image look really fab! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

It's like a double dose of back to school cuteness here, Shirley! Love it! I got that paper free at Convention, also and haven't gotten into it yet. This is great inspiration, for sure. Fantastic coloring on your image! Thanks for joining us TWICE this week at the Players! That is a great photo you caught of the lightening, too. Wow!

Nance Leedy said...

Super sweet card, Shirley! Love your layout with that great bow and the coloring on your image is fantastic. How cool is the lightening shot too?! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!