Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nature Walk Card

 Wow is it Friday already... Gee's I am all mixed up on my days. I think it is because of trying to get all my Christmas stuff done and not getting it done and trying to add a day to this week. lol. It is a type of card I have never done, so its a good challenge for me also. I wanted to use something new I got that is going to be in the new Occasions Mini that starts on January 4th. I think this is one of my favorite Mini's ever! I love all the new bird, crown, key and vintage stuff.  "Stampin up What are you trying to do to me"!!! lol
 The butterflies that you see in the circles are not stamped but punched out from the new DSP (Designer Series Paper) Botanical Gazette. On page 7 of the new mini.

Terry Su also used this sketch to make a card, Click Here to see it.

 I used the cutter tool kit to give it that rough edge look. I also put So saffron on a sponge and rubbed most of the image area, then I used a sponge dauber with Early espresso and just did the edges. I did the same on the bumble bee.
Close up so you can see the So saffron and Early espresso on the bumble bee. I also tried to bend the wings up a little.

Stamp sets:
Nature Walk 7 pc set Occasions Mini
Ink and Paper Colors:
Early Espresso, So Saffron, Vanilla
Accessories:
1/8 Early Espresso, Sweet Stitches Buttons,
Sponge dauber, Cutter tool kit
Designer Series Paper:
Botanical Gazette pg 26 Occasions Mini

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

3 comments:

Terry said...

Such a buggy card you made! So neat that you just punched these out from paper. I am digging that stamp set! And the solo bee is super cute. Great job with the sketch!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous and I cannot WAIT to get my set!

Julie Marshall said...

I completely agree. I LOVE this mini. I literally want everything in it ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my card. Of course, I had to hop on over and check you out ;)

I love this new set and DSP and how you've used it here. The colors are perfect. TFS!