Friday, June 8, 2012

Ships Ahoy Card for A La Card Monkey Father's Day Challenge


Happy Father's Day!!!
My Husband loves ships and is a sailor at heart. He was in the Navy for over 20 years and spent most of that on a Submarine. He had a sail boat of his own for years and sailed almost everyday when he lived on Bainbridge Island.
So guess what... I sent him upstairs to my stash of stamps to dig out this oldie set from 2002. What a Sweetie!

I have had these buttons for over 10 years in my desk, rubbed the dust off and put them to use on this card.

I know that some guy would see this old rusty junk truck and say "looks like a fun weekend project" lol But we all know we would see it later on "Hoarders"
 
I think I can call this card Dusting off the old stuff!!! lol I have had this Alphabet set for so many years and only used it once.... gee's!!!

Stamp Sets:
Ships Ahoy 6pc set 2002 SU Catalog
Stencil Alphabet set SU
Word Play 12pc set 2012 SU Catalog
Ink and Paper Colors:
Real Red, Early Espresso, Vanilla
Accessories:
White Baker's Twine, 1/8 in hole punch, Old Buttons
Designer Series Paper:
Nautical Expedition 2011 Summer Mini SU Catalog

Ok here is some fun Stuff!!!
Spray Paint Party with Kim
Kim and I found this stuff at different Junk stores, or just stuff we already had.... but really needed some color! 

Here are a few of the things done. The really pretty chair is Kim's.  We ran out of paint! Darn it! I will have more pictures later. The paint is Rust-Oleum, chair is Satin "green apple", the frame is "berry pink" (Kim's favorite) and the tables are "aqua".

Ok.... here is a funny one for you. Kim has more paint on here feet then anything else!! Do You See The Strips of Paint!!! She had some sandals on that are now part Pink!

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin



3 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Great card!!! Love the color combo!!! Perfect accents!!! Love how you used the alphabets- so cute!!! Diane

Elizabeth Price said...

This card is full of complete AWESOMENESS!!! I have that alphabet set and can't seem to want to sell it--it's too cool. I love your spray paint party. Please come to my house I have a bunch of things that could use a fun a funky face lift. Smiles, Elizabeth

Ali said...

Beautiful card Love the color combination...
Plastic Cards