Friday, May 20, 2011

"They say it's your Birthday" Monkey Challenge 57

It's a Monkey Challenge time and we have a  Birthday Card with a Sketch. I thought that I would do a "Man Card". Sometimes doing them just gives me a Pain! But with all the new stamp sets in this Summer Mini how could you not.

I am just loving all this Nautical stuff.

Make a Birthday card with this sketch and then jump over to "A La Card Monkey" and post it there for a chance to be our "Monkey Princess".

 I wanted my Birthday banner to look like a flag, so I used a 5/8th square punch to do the ends like that.

There are just so many cute stamps in this set!! The anchor is really perfect.

Just click here to see Terry's card for the Challenge!


Stamp sets:
Sail Away 1pc set Summer Mini 2011
The Open Sea 5pc set Summer Mini 2011
Ink and Paper Colors:
Not quite navy, Cherry cobbler, White, Crumb cake
Accessories:
Antique brads, Sponge dauber, Baker's twine cherry cobbler,
Square lattice, 5/8 square punch.
Designer Series Paper:
Nautical Expedition Summer Mini 2011


Hugs and Love
Shirley

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great man card Shirley. I love the way it fits with this week's Ala Monkey challenge. The background DSP just makes it! TFS and have a great week!

Jessie Lubyk said...

Very nice. I absolutely love all the details! Take Care

Heidi said...

So many great details on your card, Shirley! It's beautiful! It will be the perfect birthday card for a man!

Terry said...

I love, love, love this Sail Away card, girl! It's beautiful. I love the cut-out anchor, the antique brad on the flag, and the designer paper. I hope you made me one of these! lol

Love ya,

Terry