Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday aka WOYWW

WOW its that time again.. Here are my little guys I started last week I am still not done with them yet. I still need to paint there rosie cheeks and get some sticks from the yard for the snowman arms. Plus I have ton's of buttons to put on all these cute little guys. I stuck on a few for you to see what they are going to look like but they will all be different.


I used to make wood crafts all the time... Years and Years ago, and I really miss it. So I kinda started easy with just snowmen and gingerbread girl. I have plans to make more things but all are Christmas stuff right now.


 Here I am making there little hats out of socks and old mittens. You can see that I cut the finger off that red mitten and I made one look like a cap and the other have that pom pom look (top pic). I just used hot glue to put them on. I use a wire (like floral wire) to tie the top of the hat real tight then cut the strips for the pom pom. The last time I made these snowmen my Daughter lived at home.. (she was maybe 13) she is 21 now, anyway I had so many more cool colors of socks to chose from.. now I have boys so when I looked for socks they were all black and white..  lol

Here is where I am painting the rest of the little snowmen. You can see how they do look much cuter with hats on.. wait until you see them with the stick arms, I will have to take a pic and show you all next week..

Thank you for looking and if you did not come over from Julia's blog... HOP over and see all the other cool desks and what everyone is up to.

Shirley Pumpkin

25 comments:

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great Christmas decorations. :) Thank you for sharing and have a fab day. :)

Maggie #56

xx

http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/

Ciara said...

Shirley, they are awesome! The little hats are super cute :-)

I'm so impressed you made these yourself, you a a talented lady Ms Pumpkin!

Happy WOYWW

Ciara
xx

Maria Moorhouse said...

Cool project, took me a minute to stop drooling over your stamp shelves!
Maria inkymits x
#84 i think

Terry said...

I'm a sucker for those little knit hats! I don't care what they're on. These are turning out so cute! Do I get one?

Terry

Annie said...

How lovely. Hope you show and tell more finished ones next Wednesday ....I shall be looking out for them :-)
A x

Anonymous said...

Seriously cute, I do love their little hats!

Hugs
Brenda 90

donnalouiserodgers said...

ah, love the little wooden darlings, and please mail me regarding the ATC - I'm allowed to bend the rules if I want to...

dx

Mandi said...

Glad you have taken the wood craft up again, you are too talented to waste it!
They look super, especially with the hats

mandi x

Hazel said...

Love the gingerbread men - lots of great creativity going on in your workspace x Hazel #100

Julia Dunnit said...

Shirley these look absolutely great, how fun! I wonder what the collective noun for a tray full of snowmen is!!

Nicky said...

wonderful christmas ornaments - love the hats from the gloves - very tidy work space x

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love how you're getting a nice head start on the holidays! *smiles*

Zue said...

Wonderful that you take so much time and effort to make such cute decorations.
Sue xx 60

Zue said...

It is great that you take so much trouble to make these cute decorations. They are very desirable.
Sue xx 60

jude said...

Gorgeous creations just love em!
hugs judex

Lionelsa said...

How clever to use the old gloves!

Mrs A. said...

Firstly, how many do you have? Your little snowmen are such fun. Love the idea of using old glove fingers for their hats. You want to patent that!!! Gotta go. Now where did I put those old gloves.

Chrissie said...

Very enterprising projects! Cute too!
Chrissie

karen said...

These are adorable! You are one crafty lady! Can't wait to see the army of snowmen and gingerbread men!
Well done!

Cardmaking Galore said...

They are really cute and you're one versatile artist!

JoZart Designs said...

I love the little line up of nudist snowmen waiting for their outfits. Great decorations, thanks for a late snoop!
JoZarty x

Sherry said...

What a lovely workdesk! Love your wooden characters and woolly hats (great recycling too!!)

Sherry (122)

dandelion dreamer said...

Hello Shirly and thanks for visiting my workdesk! I LOVE those hats...what a cute ideas!
Hugs
Moira

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hi Shirley,

It's bad enough that I am running nearly a week late, then I have been plagued with that pesky 503 error all night. Just wanted to drop in and let you know I was here this week. I love working in wood, too. These sure are cute.

Terry said...

Thanks for the little snowman. The knit hat is adorable! I love it.

Terry