Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stampin' Up! Convention 2013 Arriving in Salt Lake City

 
Hi Blogging Friends!!!
 
I am so far behind in showing off all the fun I had in SLC! It was a Blast!!! The reason I am slow in showing you pictures of the craziness is because, when I left for SLC the glands in my neck were swollen and I tried to get to the Doctor before I left but did not have enough time. So on my way home when the plane was descending my ears were killing me. I went to the Doctor yesterday and he told me that the infection in my neck went to my ears and caused them to be squeezed by the pressure and plus I have a sinus infection. Geez I know... all because I got a blackberry seed stuck behind a tooth from a smoothie! lol
 
 
First thing I did was unpack my Owls and put them on the bed for their Arrival Photo! lol
 
I think I had a total of 52 of them with me this year. I don't even know how I got them all to fit into my suitcase. I made them with all kinds of fabric not just Stampin' Up!.
 
Jenn and I on our flight to SLC on Alaska Airlines.
 
 
 
As soon as we got checked into the Shilo, Jenn and I had to make it over to The Nauvoo for our Pretty Pals Dinner. I had the best Chicken Pot Pie EVER!!!!
 
Inside the Empire Room of the Joseph Smith Building. Photo by Kris Kilcoyne. I told Jenn that I would love to have one of these chandeliers in by bedroom, they had to have been 5 or 6 feet across! 

After dinner and handing out some prizes, demos were next. Ann Schach doing a demo on how to make the perfect bow. You can tell we are all trying our best! lol Photo by Kris Kilcoyne.

Another photo of Ann, you can see Jenn and I on the left of the photo. Photo is by Kris Kilcoyne.
 
After the Pals dinner I took this picture from our Hotel room of the beautiful sunset.
 
This is a picture I took of our Hotel, our light is on in our room! Hmmm I wonder what room it is??
 
This is Andra Donbrook from Canada, she was the first one to come and pick out Owls! She was only going to get 4 but, one cried to go home with her! LMAO! and as you can tell by the photo she has 5! Oh btw (in a whisper voice she already has 4 at home) It was a late night for all of us, I think it was almost Midnight when she came over! lol Does she have the prettiest smile or what!


I have to say this was a long day, I think I got up at 6am because I still had some packing to do. Left the house around 8:30am to meet Jenn and ride to the airport with her. We got into SLC around 4:00pm. Had to catch a Taxi to the Hotel and then another Taxi to the Pals Dinner. We did walk back to our Hotel room and it was starting to rain but we made it back just fine. We stayed up until 2:30 am!!! Yeah! Crazy!
 
Thanks for coming by to say Hi!!
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin
 
If you have any questions just ask!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I am so honoured to get my picture on your blog! Me and my baby owls...I just love them! I think I will be able to see my friend today to give two of them to her.

My boys are SO GLAD I got the "matching" set. They said they belonged together and were sad to think I ALMOST didn't get one of them! :)

Love and hugs to you Shirley!!!
Andra

Spittin-Toad said...

Looks like fun!! I hope you get feeling better soon!
Denise