Friday, September 23, 2011

Christmas Card for A La Card Monkey!!

Hello my Blogging friends!! It's Christmas time over at A La Card Monkey Yeah!! I decided to use my Domestic Goddess DSP, Wow did it make a cute Christmas card or what!

I used the snowflake punch with the new Silver Glitter paper.... Yikes!! it did not want to punch, so I put it on the floor and stepped on it, and it worked!!

Go to A La Card Monkey to join the fun!

I used a lot of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on this one. I wish I could find my Blush Blossom ink pad so I could have used a aqua painter instead of a marker on Santa's face.

The rick rack trim is from the "Tasteful Trim" bigz die, that die is so cool I really need to use it more. I was sad when Su Retired this stamp set "Bright Christmas"

Stamp Sets:
Jolly Old Saint Nick 6pc set 2010 Holiday Mini
Bright Christmas 3pc set 2010 Holiday Mini (word stamp)
Ink and Paper Colors:
Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Basic Gray
Accessories:
Markers blush blossom and Pretty in Pink, Pool party ruffled ribbon, Sponge dauber, Snowflake punch, Rhinestones, 1/2 circle punch, 1/8 hole punch.
Big Shot:
Tasteful Trim Bigz die

Now Jump over to Terry Su's Blog and she her cute card.

Thanks for looking my friends
Hugs
Shirley

6 comments:

Ulrike said...

Beautiful sketch -beautiful card! I like your colours! LG Ulrike

LeAnne said...

This DOES make an awesome Christmas card....LOVE it. I think his cheeks look perfect! Love the glitter too!

Terry said...

I love, love, LOVE this card. I think Santa's face looks great, as do the silver glimmer snowflake and all that glitter! I am so digging the Domestic Goddess dsp for Christmas cards.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great take on the sketch Shirley, can't find your ink just put ink from marker on a clear block then pick it up with the aqua painter. Anyway love this card, may have to case it.
Cindy

Totallyawake4-life said...

Love it ... I am with Cindy I do not have the Blush ink pad but do have the marker and just scribble some on an piece of plastic and pick it up with my aqua painter :)

Mary said...

I really love the soft coral color on this. Makes for a very nostalgic card.