Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Christmas Time at A La Card Monkey

I have been so busy that I almost forgot to do my card for A La Card Monkey. Plus I have been in Halloween Mode so it was hard to jar my brain to make a Christmas card. I am doing a Domestic Goddess Tea Party on Saturday the 3rd and have been prepping for that, we are making a Chip Board Album shaped like a tea cup. The album has over 50 pieces alone and plus we are also making 2 cards. The event is from 11:00 to 2:00 I hope 3 hours is enough to make it all.

I was thinking that "Winter Wonderland" made me think of a ice skating rink, so that is what inspired me with this card. I think I will make another card with more color later.
What a cute sketch!! Click Here to go see the Challenge Blog.

The cute Ice Skates are from the stamp set Jolly Bingo Bits.

Stamp sets:
Jolly Bingo Bits 24pc set 2010-2011 Catalog
Have a Seat 4pc set 2010-2011 Catalog
Bright Christmas 2009-2010 Catalog (word stamp)
Ink and Paper Colors:
Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Vanilla
Accessories:
Rhinestones, Old Olive 1/8 inch ribbon
Designer Series Paper:
I will have to find the name later Sorry

I know how you all love to make Christams Cards, this is the best time to get started on them. I just can't wait to see what you create!!

Hugs
Shirley

5 comments:

Terry said...

This reminds me of an older, more traditional Christmas where a kid would grab his or her skates and head to the nearest pond. It's really "quiet" for you. I'll take your tempature tomorrow to make sure you're okay. lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

So striking!! I love Cherry Cobbler - it my favorite SU color!!!!

Jean McKenzie said...

This is a very pretty traditionally coloured Christmas card and I love it. Love the way you have done the sentiment too!

Julie Temple said...

Love this! The skates are just too cute, and the polka dots are perfect!~ Thanks so much for picking me last week on Card Monkey! See you there soon!

Julie

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great card! Bring on the hot chocolate! So old fashioned and fun. You're so clever combining these stamps.