Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Halloween Googly Ghouls Card for Retro Sketches #19

OK... I had to make a Halloween Card!!

Just got this cute set in the mail yesterday. It comes in a set of 6 stamps: Mummy, Witch, Bat, Spider, Frankenstiein, and the word Boooo. If any of you have seen my cards or been to any of my classes you know I just love using googly eyes!!! I use them on animal cards and most of all Halloween.... so I think Stampin' Up was reading my mind when they came up with this stamp set.

I put three bats instead of buttons from the sketch. I used the new SU color "Summer Starfruit" for Franky's face.

I love retro sketches and knew this sketch was for me and some Halloween fun. Click Here to check out there Challenge Blog!

Here is a close up of the Batties!!! lol I am having to get stronger and stronger glasses, so when I do my pictures and get to see my work up close... I am thinking "not too bad of a job cutting out bats for a blind person" lol

This picture just makes me laugh... lol Look at his eyes just bulging OUT! Love the Googly eyes!

Card Recipe

Stamp Sets:
Googly Ghouls 6pc set from SU Holiday Mini 2012
Ink and Paper Colors:
Tangerine tango, More mustard, Black, Vanilla, Basic gray
Accessories:
5/8 black satin ribbon, sponge dauber, more mustard ribbon, black with white stitched ribbon, 5mm googly eyes, corner tag punch
Designer Series Paper:
"Howlstooth & Scaringbone" SU Holiday Mini 2012
Big Shot:
Spider Web embossing folder

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley

10 comments:

Tina said...

i so love halloween, love how you have already started...this is just so cute, love the wiggly eyes and papers

Elizabeth Price said...

YES!!! Halloween!!! I am so glad you posted this totally awesome card. I am now going to bust out my Halloween stuff and join in the fun. Are you going to host a hop again? Again, your card is fabulous and the googlie eyes are too cool.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I cracked up when I saw this set and DID think of you! Such a fun creation!

Patti said...

Such fun cards. I'm not much of a halloween person but I love seeing what others do. I can tell it's a favorite of yours.

Hofkissed said...

Such a cute set and great card!
I'm also your newest follower from SC. :)
Steph - hofkissed.blogspot.com

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Love those googly eyes.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Shirley - I love your card! The images, papers, embossing - all perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

This card is SOOOOOO CUTE! I too am a Halloween freak, Shirley, and I will definitely be checking out your Halloween countdown.

Laura Tieri said...

Of course I love the card, it's Halloween!!!
It's nice to see all the other people out there who are crazy about Halloween!
I love the googly eyes on the bats. They are so cute!

stampinjul said...

Love all your googlies! I totally understand about the glasses, too! I can't cut anything out without mine anymore! You did great!