Friday, November 18, 2011

Greeting Card Kids for American Ink Swap

I made this for a Swap at our American Ink meeting last weekend. I used my card I made last week and simplified it. Here is a link to that card. I can't afford to do some of my Blogging cards for Swaps with all the brads and extras I put into them.

I used the "Frost White" Shimmer Paint on the embossed main part of the card that is Baja Breeze. Now the trick to make this look perfect is to cut a piece of sponge into a wedge then get some of the shimmer paint onto it. Then squeeze most of the paint back into the bottle because you want the sponge to be kind of dry. Then you start to rub the embossed area lightly and as the sponge gets dryer you rub harder onto the surface. I learned this years ago when painting ceramics, I loved painting animals and I always would end with the dry brushing-sponging technique.

Shirley's Christmas Blog Hop... want to join the fun, here is all you have to do.

1. Add badge to post with link back to my blog.
2. Anything goes, it just has to be Christmas.
3. Has to be a new post.
4. Add the Hop to your Post



Stamp sets:
Greeting Card Kids 4pc set 2011-2012 Catalog
Ink and Paper Colors:
Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:
 Calypso Coral Party Ribbon, Large Scallop Punch, Aqua Painter, Dazzling diamonds glitter, Frost white shimmer paint.
Designer Series Paper:
Domestic Goddess in the 2011-2012 Catalog

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Shirley

No comments: