Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Place Card Holders made with Rosettes!

Happy Thanksgiving Blogging Friends!!

If you are not a follower... Please click the follow button!
Thanks Friends!

What a fun day so far, I am in my Stamping Room watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and making these Turkey Place Card Holders. Guess What.... My Husband is in the Kitchen doing all the Cooking!! "Lucky Me"

I was really excited to get up and make some of these, that I got right to work on them... and Yep I am still in my Jammie's!! lol

SO Darn Cute! The feet are from the owl punch. I had some gray wire in my desk so I just curled it by hand to make the place card holder. I did not have all 3 sizes of the rosettes so the big one in the back is just not put together all the way to make it bigger.

I used black rhinestones for the eyes. I also alternated the paper pattern and sponged the edges first with "Cajun craze" then "Early espresso". The head for the turkey I sponged first with "Cajun craze" then made the edges dark with "Early espresso", took out the "More mustard" and used it on the inside center area.

I got the idea from Tim Holtz Blog he has the template for the turkey heads (it's free)on his blog if you want to make some of these.

Look at this really cute cookie my friend Deanna made me for Thanksgiving!! is she Sweet or What! I love Cookies! Thank you Deanna!

Stamp sets:
All Year Cheer (that is an old one)
Ink and Paper colors:
Cajun Craze, Confetti Cream (turkey head), Early Espresso, More Mustard.
Accessories:
Black rhinestone, Sponge dauber, Owl Punch, Decorative label punch, Hot Glue gun, Steel wire 22 gauge.
Designer Series Paper:
Autumn Spice in the Holiday Mini 2010
Big Shot
Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes sizzlits strip die

Have a Wonderful Day
Hugs
Shirley

7 comments:

Karen said...

Your turkeys are so cute Shirley. And the cookies look to nice to eat. Happy Thanksgiving and way to go staying in your PJs

Terry said...

I managed to stay in my pajamas till about 11:30 a.m., then I had to shower, shampoo and shine! I love your turkeys. Those rosettes look very convincing as tail feathers. And Deanna's cookie ROCKS! Happy Turkey Day!

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, this is toooooo stinkin' CUTE!!! I have to hop over to Tim's blog to check out that pattern! I thought I recognized that sentiment--an oldie but goodie! You did a great job on these! Happy Thanksgiving! I didn't get to see one minute of the parade, drat!

Denise Pustelniak said...

I love your place card holders! And the cookies look YUMMY!

Lacie Root said...

this is super cute! Great job.

Unknown said...

Those are adorable!!!!! I hope I can remember them for next year for our Canadian Thanksgiving!

Big Mama's Blog said...

This is just adorable Shirley!