Saturday, November 19, 2011

Polar Pals Card for A La Card Monkeys fun Button Sketch

Hi Blogging Friends!! Do you love Christmas Cards with cute animals!! I DO! I just can't help myself with it comes to cute animal stamp sets. I have had this set for years one of the first sets I ever bought. I have made some cute cards over the years with these cute little Penguin guys, they just make me Happy!!

When I seen this sketch I knew I was going to use these Penguins, the rest of the card just fell into place for me. It was a fun card to make.
I have to say this sketch is one of my favorites. I love buttons and I collect them, I have thousands of them in Jars in every room of the house. One time my Husband brought me home a Huge jar, I am not sure what size people call it but its an industrial size pickle jar!! Wow!! I was so excited to have it.

I added some of the glimmer paper snow flakes behind a few white buttons. I cut out the banner for the penguins to hold.


Shirley's Christmas Blog Hop... want to join the fun, here is all you have to do.

1. Add badge to post with link back to my blog.
2. Anything goes, it just has to be Christmas.
3. Has to be a new post.
4. Add the Hop to your Post

I used a ton of Dimensionals on this card, if their was Police for that I would have gone to jail!!! lol


Stamp Sets:
Polar Pals 6pc set 2005 Holiday Mini (Penguins)
Cold and Cuddly 12pc set 2009 Holiday Mini (knit hats)
Jolly Bingo bits 24pc set 2011-2012 Catalog (Santa Hat)
Bright Christmas 3pc set 2010 Holiday Mini (Word Stamp)
Ink and Paper Colors:
Baja Breeze, White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:
Sponge dauber, Silver cord, Buttons "Playground" and "Button Latte", Dazzling diamonds glitter, Markers- Real red, Old olive, Baja breeze.
Designer Series Paper:
Ski Slope
Big Shot:
Oval scallop frame Bigz die, Northern frost Sizzlits strip die.

Thanks for looking
Don't forget to add all your Christmas cards or 3D projects to the blog hop, I will be picking a winner for this week on Tuesday November 22.

Hugs
Shirley



11 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Completely adorable and I love your beautiful button ensemble :)

Terry said...

I love those penguins, the banner they're holding, their hats, all of the buttons and snowflakes, even the oval scallop behind the penguins! Awesome card, Shirley Su!

Penny Hanuszak said...

And here I thought making fantastic Halloween cards was your specialty! Little did I know you were hiding behind these phenomenal Christmas card making skills!!!! Wow Shirley, this card is so awesome. Made me want to run out and get somemore buttons. Great card! TFS this and all your other wonderful projects and enthusiasm.

Dale Morin said...

These are too cute! What a great card! Just love it.

Patti said...

Adorable!! It's so colorful and whimsical.

Andrea Cassola said...

Love those glittery penguins!

Snowmanlover said...

LOVE this card. So many cute details. I just entered. I hope it shows up!

Snowmanlover said...

Yikes it posted twice - you can take one off, please -thanks! barb

paper bag create said...

Love this penguin card..too stinkin cute! and the bling with the buttons is perfect!!!! :)

Totallyawake4-life said...

Oh these penguins are so stinkin' cute - live it!

Karen said...

Shirley sweet and adorable penguins. They sure look ready to party. Love how you have showcased some of the buttons using glimmer paper